September 2, 2013

MAC "Painterly" Paint Pot VS. MAC "Soft Ochre" Paint Pot

I have been trying to find a post with the comparison between Painterly and Soft Ochre. I was never able to find one, so I decided to go ahead and buy Soft Ochre. I've had Painterly for almost a year and I did like the texture of it. It's just that sometimes it seems like it is a little too pink for my skin.

 Painterly is on the left and Soft Ochre is on the right. As you can see, Painterly is a lot more pink and a little bit darker than Soft Ochre. When I first saw Soft Ochre, it looked way too yellow for me. I decided to give it a try anyways.
 
Again, Painterly is on the left and Soft Ochre is on the right. Painterly really almost blends into my skin tone, which is fine for some looks, but I like having very bright and bold eyeshadow. That's why I decided to try Soft Ochre. As you can see, it is a lot lighter than Painterly, which will make most colors really pop.
 
This is both of the paint pots with the flash. As you can see, Soft Ochre really stands out.
 
I prefer Soft Ochre over Painterly because of the brightness it gives my shadows. If you are using Painterly and you don't think it is giving your shadows justice, I would definitely try Soft Ochre. I love the texture and coverage of these Paint Pots and I will continue to repurchase.
 
Which Paint Pot is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment